[comp.sys.ncr] Tower parallel printer port

wescott@Columbia.NCR.COM (Mike Wescott) (02/12/90)

In article <82@texbell.swbt.com> Mike Nolan writes:
> Two sites in our area just asked the same question. (I was one of them.)
> According to our local field engineer, the Tower parallel printer cable
> IS different from a PC Centronics parallel printer cable.

> Yet another example of a standard that is honored by NCR more in the
> breach than in the bargain.

While the IBM PC Centronic Parallel Port may have become the de-facto
standard, it was not clearly so when the feature was first offered on
the Tower.  Nor does it obviate compatibility requirements within the
Tower family.

--
	-Mike Wescott
	 mike.wescott@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM