[comp.sys.ncr] news software and uux -z option

nolan@tssi.UUCP (Mike Nolan) (03/15/90)

The documentation for news 2.11 contains a patch to the source for uux
for a -z option to suppress 'successful' messages when sending news articles.

The documentation for my Tower/450 (2.01.00) seems to state that the -z option
enables a 'successful' message for uux.

Am I imagining this, or these two options the opposite of each other?

(I am afraid that I, too, may shortly get comp.sys.ncr directly and thus
drop off the ncr mailing list.)

Mike Nolan                          (frith.egr.msu.edu!upba!tssi!nolan)
Tailored Software Services, Inc.
Lincoln, Nebraska
(402) 423-1490

wescott@Columbia.NCR.COM (Mike Wescott) (03/16/90)

In article <477@texbell.swbt.com> nolan@tssi.UUCP (Mike Nolan) writes:
> The documentation for news 2.11 contains a patch to the source for uux
> for a -z option to suppress 'successful' messages when sending news articles.

> The documentation for my Tower/450 (2.01.00) seems to state that the -z option
> enables a 'successful' message for uux.

> Am I imagining this, or these two options the opposite of each other?

You're not imagining this.  HDB defaults to the old -z behaivor and the flag
now meaning opposite to that of the hack for news.

When I brought up HDB with news for the first time, I had to scurry back
to the man pages to figure out why I was suddenly getting all these messages
mailed to me.

	-Mike

--
	-Mike Wescott