[comp.sys.ncr] TCP/IP documentation

news1@texbell.swbt.com (Greg Hackney) (05/02/90)

I just purchased WIN-TCP for my Tower (Product # D900-1028-0000/4.00.01)
but it included no on-line or paper documentation (manual sections or
installation information). It came on a cartridge tape along with the
64-USER connect package, but there were no other cpio files at the end of
the tape.

Should it have come with documentation? Anybody know what the
documentation product numbers are?

My NCR sales person ordered something, but it looks like NCR in-house
documentation on TCP/IP and office memorandums, nothing useful.
--
Greg Hackney
root@texbell.sbc.com

jkearney@ncextc.ncsu.edu (05/03/90)

> I just purchased WIN-TCP for my Tower (Product # D900-1028-0000/4.00.01)
> but it included no on-line or paper documentation (manual sections or
> installation information). It came on a cartridge tape along with the
> 64-USER connect package, but there were no other cpio files at the end of
> the tape.
>
> Should it have come with documentation? Anybody know what the
> documentation product numbers are?
>
> My NCR sales person ordered something, but it looks like NCR in-house
> documentation on TCP/IP and office memorandums, nothing useful.
> --

We have also purchased WIN TCP and have ordered document # D1-1081-A07
for $86.00 from NCR.  We have not received it yet so I hope it is not
the same document that you have.

jmatrow@ncrwic.Wichita.NCR.COM (John Matrow) (05/03/90)

In article <1165@texbell.swbt.com> root@texbell.sbc.com (Greg Hackney) writes:
-I just purchased WIN-TCP for my Tower (Product # D900-1028-0000/4.00.01)
-Should it have come with documentation? Anybody know what the
-documentation product numbers are?

D1-1081-A07 is LOCAL AREA NETWORKS WIN-TCP
Release 4.00 September 1989

It is very good but I wish it had more on sendmail.cf.
Page 11-5 on UUCP should advise to use LOGNAME=nuucp in the last step.

--
John Matrow   6091 Engineering, NCR Peripheral Products Division
 NCR:654-8851 <J.Matrow@Wichita.NCR.COM>