[comp.sys.ncr] Documentation needed when upgrading to 3.00.01

ra@is.uu.no (Robert Andersson) (08/13/90)

I shortly plan to upgrade our 400 and 600 machines from 2.01.01 to 3.00.01.
I wonder, what new manuals should I order?

I have read the 3.00.00 release definition and noted the manual numbers
mentioned there.  The reason I don't trust the release definition is that
I know for sure that the 'Programmer Guide' mentioned there is old.  A
new one, D2-0298-A, was issued September, 1989.

Is this also true for some of the other manuals, or should I just order
what the release definition says?
--
Robert Andersson, International Systems A/S, Oslo, Norway.
Internet:         ra@is.uu.no

wescott@Columbia.NCR.COM (Mike Wescott) (08/15/90)

In article <1990Aug12.195758.6719@is.uu.no> ra@is.uu.no (Robert Andersson) writes:
> I shortly plan to upgrade our 400 and 600 machines from 2.01.01 to 3.00.01.
> I wonder, what new manuals should I order?

> I have read the 3.00.00 release definition and noted the manual numbers
> mentioned there.  The reason I don't trust the release definition is that
> I know for sure that the 'Programmer Guide' mentioned there is old.  A
> new one, D2-0298-A, was issued September, 1989.

> Is this also true for some of the other manuals, or should I just order
> what the release definition says?

I asked someone to check this out (thanks, Mickey) and she told me
that only the one number was out of date.  You should order the manuals
listed in the rel. def., except the Programmer's Guide which should be
the D2-0298-A number.

Sorry for the confusion.

--
	-Mike Wescott