[comp.sys.ncr] Terminfo and termcap definition for vt102

hann@rd1632.Dayton.NCR.COM (Ed Hann) (08/15/90)

Does anybody have a vt102 terminfo and termcap definition for the Tower.
We use Procomm Plus and Procomm Plus the network version, which dropped
there vt100 emulation.  I'm not sure how different they are.  Thanks.

--
   ___                      Edward.F.Hann@Dayton.NCR.com
  /      /  /  /            NCR Corporation, Research & Development, WHQ5E

art@pilikia.pegasus.com (Art Neilson) (08/17/90)

In article <1374@rd1632.Dayton.NCR.COM> hann@rd1632.Dayton.NCR.com (Ed Hann) writes:
>Does anybody have a vt102 terminfo and termcap definition for the Tower.
>We use Procomm Plus and Procomm Plus the network version, which dropped
>there vt100 emulation.  I'm not sure how different they are.  Thanks.

Have you tried selecting vt102 emulation in Procomm Plus and using the
vt100 terminfo/termcap entries on the Tower ?  Seems to work OK for us,
though we haven't thoroughly tested the emulation.  Clearing the screen,
cursor addressing and arrow keys work fine.
--
Arthur W. Neilson III		| ARPA: art@pilikia.pegasus.com
Bank of Hawaii Tech Support	| UUCP: uunet!ucsd!nosc!pegasus!pilikia!art

lord@se-sd.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Dave Lord) (08/18/90)

<
<Have you tried selecting vt102 emulation in Procomm Plus and using the
<vt100 terminfo/termcap entries on the Tower ?  Seems to work OK for us,
<though we haven't thoroughly tested the emulation.  Clearing the screen,
<cursor addressing and arrow keys work fine.

In fact I think you'll find that the vt100 terminfo entry on the Tower
matches Procomm Plus's vt102 emulation much better than it matched
Procomm's vt100 emulation. Confusing but true.

- Dave.Lord@SanDiego.NCR.COM