[comp.sys.ncr] 'va' development library

jalsop@seachg.UUCP (John Alsop) (08/29/90)

We would like to develop some system admin scripts to integrate into the
'va' subsystem on Tower Unix V.3.

Does anyone know if the 'va' library routines are included in the system,
and if so, how to interface to them?

Thx

--
John Alsop

Sea Change Corporation
1100 Central Parkway W., Suite 38
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5C 4E5
Tel: 416-272-3881 Fax: 416-272-1555
UUCP: ...!uunet!attcan!seachg!jalsop

nick@bilpin.UUCP (nick) (09/01/90)

In article <226@seachg.UUCP>, jalsop@seachg.UUCP (John Alsop) writes:
> Does anyone know if the 'va' library routines are included in the system,
> and if so, how to interface to them?

You need to take a look at an application module called 'VSAD' which is
designed to do what you want. It is normally found under /appl/VSAD and
the current is Rel 3.01. However I have only seen this on SVR32 systems
such as the 32/700 and then only with OS Rel 1.01 and later. Perhaps
someone from NCR would kindly tell us if and when we might expect SVR32
for the 68020 6X0 systems ?

regards

Nick

Nick Price          SRL Data        || Apple link : UK0001
1 Perren Street     London NW5 3ED  || UUCP	  : nick@bilpin.uucp
Phone:              +44 1 485 6665  || Path	  : nick@bilpin.co.uk