[comp.sys.ncr] SUSBUG documentation?

nick@aimed.UUCP (Nick Pemberton) (09/28/90)

Greetings.

This may sound like an unusual request, however...

I operate a number of NCR towers, both in house and for some of our
client sites. The unusual thing about the towers is that they don't
run UNIX, they run the ADDS MENTOR version of PICK.

I have recently begun exploring the inner workings of these machines,
and, in discussion with some folks who have towers running UNIX, have
found that the inital procedures or steps taken by the machine are
identical in both worlds.

Specifically, when you have the AUTO/MANUAL switch in MANUAL, and RESET
the machine, it gives a menu that includes an entry labelled SUSBUG.

My question is does anyone have access to or know where I can get some
documentation of SUSBUG? What is it capable of? Can I manipulate peripherals
using it (ie disk drives, read/write to RAM, etc). Can I order this from
NCR even though the towers came through ADDS?

Thanks in Advance,

Nick
--
Nick Pemberton  		 uucp: !{lsuc, uunet!mnetor}!aimed!nick
AIM, Inc			  bus: (416) 429-1085

davis@Dayton.NCR.COM (Susan V Davis) (10/03/90)

Nick Pemberton writes:

> I operate a number of NCR towers, both in house and for some of our
> client sites. The unusual thing about the towers is that they don't
> run UNIX, they run the ADDS MENTOR version of PICK.
>
>My question is does anyone have access to or know where I can get some
>documentation of SUSBUG? What is it capable of? Can I manipulate peripherals
>using it (ie disk drives, read/write to RAM, etc). Can I order this from
>NCR even though the towers came through ADDS?

Nick, you can get this information from the tower hardware service manual
which is an orderable item.  You might contact your local NCR Corporation
offand find out if they would copy you the pages pertaining to Susbug.
Hope this helps.
SUSAN V. DAVIS                    COOPERATIVE MARKETING DIV.
SYSTEMS ANALYST                   MIDEST REGION
Charlotte, N.C.                   704-357-8440