[comp.sys.ncr] Need cable info/interface info for Tower 32/600

wdh@holos0.uucp (Weaver Hickerson) (10/16/90)

Can anyone describe the serial cable (DB15 - DB25) for the Tower 32/600
using a 6-2-1 board?

I also need to know which pin will be deasserted when
the Tower performs a hardware throttle.

I need this info to kludge up a cable that will throttle a protocol convertor
that expects DTR to drop (Or an XOFF)  I don't think we've got all the
right wires crossed now.

Thanks to those that have already posted info

Weaver

--
-Weaver Hickerson   Voice (404) 496-1358   :  ..!edu!gatech!holos0!wdh

vause@cs-col.Columbia.NCR.COM (Sam Vause) (10/17/90)

In article <1990Oct16.150140.1919@holos0.uucp> wdh@holos0.uucp (Weaver Hickerson) writes:
>Can anyone describe the serial cable (DB15 - DB25) for the Tower 32/600
>using a 6-2-1 board?

Be bet is to consult the "TOWER Series Site Preparation Guide", pub number
ST-2500-83.  All TOWER cables' pinouts are included...
|Sam Vause, NCR Corporation, Customer Services - TOWER Support  |
|3325 Platt Springs Road, West Columbia, SC 29169 (803) 791-6953|
|                                vause@cs-col.Columbia.NCR.COM  |
|                         ...!uunet!ncrlnk!ncrcae!cs-col!vause  |
|                ...!ucbvax!sdcsvax!ncr-sd!ncrcae!cs-col!vause  |

wescott@Columbia.NCR.COM (Mike Wescott) (10/18/90)

In article <1990Oct16.150140.1919@holos0.uucp> wdh@holos0.uucp (Weaver Hickerson) writes:
> Can anyone describe the serial cable (DB15 - DB25) for the Tower 32/600
> using a 6-2-1 board?

They come in 3 different lengths and some half dozen different configurations.
See the 3400 Series Servicing/Installation Guide for the details.

> I also need to know which pin will be deasserted when
> the Tower performs a hardware throttle.

If IRTS is set RTS is turned off to assert a flow control condition.
Likewise if the remote turns off what the Tower sees as CTS, it will
stop sending.  RTS is pin 2 on the DB-15 connector and CTS is pin 10.
--
	-Mike Wescott
	 mike.wescott@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM