[comp.sys.ncr] ms-dos to NCR unix

alex@aureus.sublink.org (Sandro Doro) (12/12/90)

I want to transfer a Dos file from a diskette to a Tower 600 with unix 2.01
I have used "pcdsk" command ... the output of "dir" command is:

>can't open /dev/pcdsk/h2s9
>Trouble opening diskette
>:No such file or directory
>Please use the "pcnodes" command to make the PC diskette
>devices nodes. You must be superuser to create "pcnodes"

The manuals are blank for command "pcnodes" :-( and when I run "pcnodes"
the answer is "]missing" ??
Can you help me?  Thanks!

---
Sandro Doro
e-mail: alex@aureus.sublink.org

wescott@Columbia.NCR.COM (Mike Wescott) (12/12/90)

In article <1000001@aureus.sublink.org> alex@aureus.sublink.org (Sandro Doro) writes:
> The manuals are blank for command "pcnodes" :-( and when I run "pcnodes"
> the answer is "]missing" ??

pcnodes (/usr/bin/pcnodes, why isn't it in /etc??) is a shell script that
just makes the appropriate device nodes for your configuration.  Try
running under the Bourne shell rather than the C-shell.
--
	-Mike Wescott
	 mike.wescott@ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM