[comp.sys.ncr] NCR - Macintosh Networking

pnessutt@dmshq.mn.org (Bob Monio) (02/18/91)

One of our customers with an NCR Tower 500 has expressed interest in
networking their Tower with their Macintosh.  The Tower has no ethernet
communications capability presently and it sounds as if the operations
they wish to perform are at best very simple file transfers.

Can anyone suggest a low-cost networking solution that I may look into
for them?  A low-cost networking product providing simple Mac->NCR
communications had been listed in the new products section of UNIX REVIEW
a while back, but I've not been fortunate enough to find the issue that
contained it.

Any information or experience in networking Macintoshes and Towers
that anyone may have would be appreciated.  Please forward it to
me through email at `pnessutt@dmshq.mn.org'.

Thanks.

 -Bob

--
 Robert A. Monio
 International Quality Institute, Inc.  "Rommel, you magnificent Bastard!

flake@prdmgt.Columbia.NCR.COM (Joe Flake) (02/20/91)

In article <8439@dmshq.mn.org> pnessutt@dmshq.UUCP (Bob Monio) writes:
>... interest in networking their Tower with their Macintosh.
>
>Any information or experience in networking Macintoshes and Towers
>that anyone may have would be appreciated.

Those interested in connecting NCR Towers (or System 3000s) with Macs
might contact Pacer Software in Westborough, MA.  They offer such
a package -- I'm not sure whether it fits the specific needs of the
person posting the article.

Pacer can be reached at:
	Tel: 508-898-3300
	Fax: 508-366-1356
	AppleLink: Pacer

I know almost nothing about the package and can make no recommendations
either for or against it.  To my knowledge there's no remarketing
arrangement between Pacer and any NCR group.

Joe Flake
joe.flake@columbia.ncr.com