[comp.sys.ncr] NFS on Unisys U5000/55?

jakkanen@kruuna.Helsinki.FI (Jukka Akkanen) (05/21/91)

We're running sysV r2.01 on Unisys 5000/55, we use Excelan Ethernet
board and NET-5000 software.  Now, is it possible to get NFS running
with our current setup?

By the way, I've never gotten netstat to work.  As the the documentation
I have is far less than perfect I can't figure out what's wrong.

-Jukka

kjt@minnow.sp.unisys.com (Kevin Thomas) (05/24/91)

jakkanen@kruuna.Helsinki.FI (Jukka Akkanen) writes:

>We're running sysV r2.01 on Unisys 5000/55, we use Excelan Ethernet
>board and NET-5000 software.  Now, is it possible to get NFS running
>with our current setup?

I believe you must upgrade the operating system to 3.00.01 before you can
get NFS.  Both are available from Unisys.

>By the way, I've never gotten netstat to work.  As the the documentation
>I have is far less than perfect I can't figure out what's wrong.

There is a bug with the 2.01 netstat command.  In 3.00.01, the entire
NET-5000 has been converted to the U 6000 version.  The upshot is
I think the netstat command has been fixed in 3.00.01.
You must, of course, get the new version of NET 5000 for the new operating
system.

Disclaimer:  Even though I work for Unisys, I'm not in Unix development
or support so I'm just a Unisys computer user.  I don't speak officially
for the company.

--
Kevin Thomas             kjt@minnow.sp.unisys.com
Unisys Corporation       ...!pyramid!pwcs!minnow!kjt