[bionet.molbio.genome-program] a query about Dr. Nussbaum's suggestion

arnold%gandal.dnet@ASMUS1.GENETICS.UGA.EDU (11/22/90)

I am a new addition to the bulletin board. My thanks
to Dr. Nussbaum for trying to make it easier on us.
I have several questions about the suggestion. Will
it really make it easier for me if I have to jump
around to 23 different bulletin boards to find out
what is happening? The second question is why
is chromosome 23 going to be so different from chromosome
5?
	ARNOLD%GANDAL.DNET@ASMUS1.GENETICS.UGA.EDU

nussbaum@mscf.med.upenn.edu (11/26/90)

In article <9011212156.AA04548@asmus1.genetics.uga.edu>, arnold%gandal.dnet@ASMUS1.GENETICS.UGA.EDU writes:
> I am a new addition to the bulletin board. My thanks
> to Dr. Nussbaum for trying to make it easier on us.
> I have several questions about the suggestion. Will
> it really make it easier for me if I have to jump
> around to 23 different bulletin boards to find out
> what is happening? The second question is why
> is chromosome 23 going to be so different from chromosome
> 5?
> 	ARNOLD%GANDAL.DNET@ASMUS1.GENETICS.UGA.EDU
	The purpose of the chromosome 22 bulletin board is to prvide very
specific and detailed information to all researchers involved in mapping
chromosome 22.  We plan to list markers, polymorphisms, new sequence tagged
sites, newly identified genes, genetic and physical mapping data, etc.  The
bboard will be most helpful to the users the more detailed and specific is
the information contained in it.  It is not meant to replace the more general
genome-program bboard option in bionet.  IN principle, chromosome 22 mapping
is no different than mapping any other chromosome;  the specific details of
the map, however, are quite chromosome specific and this is what we intend to
make available to the users.
					Bob Nussbaum