[alt.sources.patches] [comp.protocols.appletalk] Re: CAP: Sun <=> Mac II

Dan@dna.lth.se (Dan Oscarsson) (02/07/90)

Archive-name: cap/dan@dna.lth.se
Reposted-by: emv@math.lsa.umich.edu (Edward Vielmetti)

[This is a patch to  from comp.protocols.appletalk.]

In article <1926@rex.cs.tulane.edu> barad@rampart.ee.tulane.edu () writes:
>I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but I want to know if the
>following can be done.  We have a lab of Suns with a Mac II all
>connected via ethernet.  The Mac II also has a LW connected via
>appletalk.  I also have a copy of the Appletalk Internet Router.  Can
>I use CAP (on Suns) to print to the LW without a gateway box (using
>the Mac II with router instead)?

YES.
Fetch uab from cunixc.cc.columbia.edu.
uab makes it possible for your Sun to talk EtherTalk directely.

    Dan