[rec.aquaria] Water

creasy@disk.UUCP (01/14/90)

   I am considering beginning a tank and would like some information.

   I have a ready source of DEIONIZED water at the lab I work for.

   What I am wondering is would this be better than tap water?

   And exactly how long should the water be in the tank prior to

   adding fish?

--
Gerald Creasy|||||||||uunet!ukma!corpane!disk!creasy|||||||||Amiga User!!!!!!
=-O =-O =-O =-O =-O =-O =-O =-O =-O O-= O-= O-= O-= O-= O-= O-= O-= O-= O-=

rose@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Thomas A Rosenbaum) (01/19/90)

In article <1141@disk.UUCP> creasy@disk.UUCP writes:

> I am considering beginning a tank and would like some information.
> I have a ready source of DEIONIZED water at the lab I work for. What
> I am wondering is would this be better than tap water? And exactly
> how long should the water be in the tank prior to adding fish?

Thiel's book on Advanced Reef Keeping states:
Deionized water is better than RO water and distilled.

And if you can get it for free take it.

--

rose@csd4.csd.uwm.edu