[comp.groupware] New book: Shared Minds

ittai@rnd.GBA.NYU.EDU (Ittai Hershman) (07/30/90)

This weekend I stumbled across a brand new book about groupware/CSCW.
More correctly, it is about collaboration and the technologies which
foster it.

It is called "Shared Minds: The New Technologies of Collaboration" by
Michael Shrage (Random House, ISBN 0-394-5687-8, publication date:
8/90).  According to the bio, Shrage writes the nationally syndicated
"Innovation" column for the LA Times.  He also spent a year as a
visiting scholar at MIT's Media Lab.

I only began reading the book last night, but I'm inpressed with what
I've read so far: it is well researched and well written.  I think it
is successful in articulating the importance and broad scope of this
nascent technology in an easily approachable and enjoyable style.

-Ittai

larry@pdn.paradyne.com (Larry Swift) (07/31/90)

In article <4269@rnd.GBA.NYU.EDU> ittai@rnd.GBA.NYU.EDU (Ittai Hershman) writes:
>It is called "Shared Minds: The New Technologies of Collaboration" by
>Michael Shrage (Random House, ISBN 0-394-5687-8, publication date:
>8/90).

Where did you find the book?  Has it made Dalton's or Walden yet?  I'm
very interested in reading this one.

Larry Swift                     larry@pdn.paradyne.com
AT&T Paradyne, LG-132           Phone: (813) 530-8605
8545 - 126th Avenue, North
Largo, FL, 34649-2826           She's old and she's creaky, but she holds!