[comp.groupware] ACM Journals/SIGs

hupfer-susanne@CS.YALE.EDU (Susanne Hupfer) (03/13/91)

Can anyone tell me which ACM journals and SIGs are
of particular relevance to researchers interested in
CSCW-related issues?

Thanks,

Susanne Hupfer
(hupfer@cs.yale.edu)

dlarson@cbmvax.commodore.com (Dale Larson) (03/13/91)

In article <29430@cs.yale.edu> hupfer-susanne@CS.YALE.EDU (Susanne Hupfer) writes:

>Can anyone tell me which ACM journals and SIGs are
>of particular relevance to researchers interested in
>CSCW-related issues?

Transactions on Office Inforormation Systems
SIGCHI, SIGOIS

--
Dale Larson                                       dlarson@cbmvax.commodore.com
          I work at Commodore-Amiga, not for Commodore-Amiga.

weh@sei.cmu.edu (Bill Hefley) (03/17/91)

writes:

>Can anyone tell me which ACM journals and SIGs are
>of particular relevance to researchers interested in
>CSCW-related issues?

This is, of course, my own biased opinion.  However, I think that TOIS -
Transactions on Information Systems, as well as CACM are the journals most
relevant.

Of the SIGs, SIGCHI - Computer-Human Interaction - and SIGOIS - Office
Information Systems - are probably best at addressing CSCW issues.  These
SIGS are involved in sponsoring the CSCW conferences, and each has their own
publication.  The SIGCHI Bulletin, for example, is a 96 page quarterly.  The
July issue of the SIGCHI Bulletin will have a focus on CSCW, including
several papers on the subject area.

For more information about ACM or SIG membership, or purchasing proceedings,
contact ACM's Headquarters at 212-869-7440.

	Bill Hefley
	Hefley.chi@xerox.com
	Editor, SIGCHI Bulletin