[comp.groupware] Software Process Technologies

anton@boa.gatech.edu (Annie I. Anton) (05/09/91)

I'm interested in Decision Support Systems and Computer-
Supported Cooperative Work, and how these technologies can
be applied to different software process methodologies.  I
would like to know if this area of research has been pursued
before or if there are any suggested references.

 _   /|          Annie I. Anton
 \'o.O'   ACK!   Georgia Tech Software Research Center
 =(___)=         Ga Tech  --  1990 National Champions!!!!
    U    PTHFT!  Internet: anton@cc.gatech.edu

sjbr@ut-emx.uucp (Sjaak Brinkkemper) (05/09/91)

In article <28461@hydra.gatech.EDU> anton@boa.gatech.edu (Annie I. Anton) writes:
>I'm interested in Decision Support Systems and Computer-
>Supported Cooperative Work, and how these technologies can
>be applied to different software process methodologies.  I
>would like to know if this area of research has been pursued
>before or if there are any suggested references.

You should contact Gerard Wijers of the Socrates project of SERC in the
Netherlands. They are building a CASE tool generator, also called CASE shell,
based on operationalized software process descriptions.

His e-mail is: socrates-info@serc.nl

The meta-modeling formalisms, on which this tool is based, can be extended
for your DSS and CSCW purposes, but the notions of decision and task already
exist. They have about 15 papers in the public domain.

Sjaak Brinkkemper
--
Sjaak Brinkkemper                Organizational Computing Lab
MSIS, CBA 5.202                  University of Texas, Austin, TX 78712, USA