[alt.folklore.computers] Another secret message

6600pete@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (01/07/90)

From article <1990Jan5.103519.440@sssab.se>, by mathu@sssab.se (Mats Hultqvist):
> In the MS Windows program AMI you can...

All right, all right. I give up. Here's my inevitable contribution:

In the Macintosh program (and possibly other versions) of Matlab, typing
"Fuck you" at the command prompt gets you a dialog box: "Your place or mine?"
Interestingly, this was discovered by a very stodgy Math professor here
at UCSB, who obviously had to type in the magic words to discover it...
Hire this kid  | Mac, DOS, C, Pascal, asm, excellent communication skills

spl@mcnc.org (Steve Lamont) (01/12/90)

In article <3481@hub.UUCP> 6600pete@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu writes:
>In the Macintosh program (and possibly other versions) of Matlab, typing
>"Fuck you" at the command prompt gets you a dialog box: "Your place or mine?"

Yup... works on the Stardent Titan, too.  BTW, just the word "fuck" will
exlicit the response.

							spl (the p stands for
							programs will do the
							strangest things...)
--
Steve Lamont, sciViGuy	(919) 248-1120		EMail:	spl@ncsc.org
NCSC, Box 12732, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709

wessler@husc2.HARVARD.EDU (Mike Wessler) (01/17/90)

Gee, I've gotten such an overwhelming response to the MacPaint trick that I
just had to put this one in.
   Look at the front hall in Dark Castle.
   Now set the date on your computer for December 25 (any year)
   Look again at the front hall in Dark Castle.
(I sincerely apologize to those of you without Macs, who can't get in on
this fun.)
                                              Mike.

sclindhu@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Scott Charles Lindhurst) (01/19/90)

In article <1271@husc6.harvard.edu> wessler@husc2.UUCP (Mike Wessler) writes:
>   Look at the front hall in Dark Castle.
>   Now set the date on your computer for December 25 (any year)
>   Look again at the front hall in Dark Castle.

Speaking of December 25, try doing the same trick in the game Airborne!
also.