[alt.folklore.computers] Beag. Bros. Not really folklore

In article <1990Jan18.194152.27038@sun.soe.clarkson.edu> komarimf@clutx.clarkson.edu writes:
>Does anybody know what happened to Beagle Bros., the guys who came up with all
>sorts of neat utilities for the Apple II series.  IMHO, they were the best
>company I saw that wrote software .. you could understand what the programs
>did (Most were written in Basic), and their manuals and tip books had ..
>hints and they even threw in a bit of humor into it.  I thought it was great!
>I still have some of their articles tacked up next to my Zenith.

	While this actually has nothing to do with folklore, I decided
to answer it here since this is where the original question was.

	Beagle Brothers has had TREMENDOUS success with its TimeOut
series of enhancements for AppleWorks [I think the best selling software
EVER]... Now they even have screen credit for parts of AppleWorks 3.0.

	They have gotten out of the BASIC enhancements, but still publish
some of them. The ones they don't publish anymore, they HAVE PUT ON THEIR
BULLETIN BOARD for people to download for free. No, I don't know the #.

	I thought that their catalogs were hilarious too (the only thing
I ever bought from them was one of the posters, I think it was Peeks,
Pokes, and Pointers... which I have in front of me on the wall along with
the APPLE COMMANDS one and the 6502 Instructions one, which people gave to
me)...

	Their newest catalog, alas, has gotten "really business-y looking".
They -still- include a fair # of funny cartoons though, but none of the
neat little BASIC programs written between ads.. Those were cool.

	I guess their growth has gotten them to "grow up" in some people's
opinion. Alas, I liked them a lot better the way they were before. They're
still pretty neat though.
--
If you want info about a 20 meg "floptical" drive mail me. YOU CAN ALSO
GET ONE FOR --$440-- (NEW **LOWER** PRICE!) BY MAILING ME. [WE HAVE TO GET