[alt.folklore.computers] Is it really worth it?

kehoe@scotty.dccs.upenn.edu (Brendan Kehoe) (10/26/90)

Frank Prindle writes:
> A simple example: just before the introduction of the C64,
>the most inexpensive VT100 compatible terminal would set you back $1000-$2000!

  Hehe, just a few weeks ago we were cleaning out the old file
cabinets, and we came across the original purchase request for the Vax
11/750 w/ other equipment that our school made back in 1983. The
11/750, with nothing but the CPU, cost over $80000 .. ONE vt102 cost
over $1200. Man, oh man. Now it's a prop for a bookshelf.

--

Brendan Kehoe | Soon: brendan@cs.widener.edu [ Sometime this week ... pray! ]
For now: kehoe@scotty.dccs.upenn.edu | Also: brendan.kehoe@cyber.widener.edu