[alt.folklore.computers] Tandy 100 ROM

dowjones@jattmp.ccs.imp.com (Joachim Astel) (01/07/91)

In alt.folklore.computers, article <throoph.662929863@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU>,
throoph@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU (Henry Throop) writes:
> Microsoft wrote not only the BASIC, but the rest of the ROM as well,
> including a word processor, data base, telcom, etc.  It's pretty bug
> free, so I doubt it was just a weekend hack.

I wonder that there are the two words "Suzuki" and "Hayashi" when I peek()
the ROM of my Tandy 100 at memory location 69000 (dec.) and up. I have
been speculating about this: Perhaps, the software for the 100 was developed
in Japan, so some clever Japanese programmers could have been memorizing the
origin of their software with help of these two Japanese expressions?

So, where are the roots of the Tandy 100 ROM with its 8K-BASIC, TEXT,
TELCOM, ADDRSS and SCHEDL? (Uh, these short-term names are burned into
my mind - the Tandy 100 was my first computer. I loved it. ;-)

--
# Joachim Astel, Wiesenweg 4, D-W-8566 Leinburg, FR-Germany # Are we not #
# dowjones@jattmp.ccs.imp.com + dowjones@jattmp.nbg.sub.org # men? -- We #