[comp.lang.perl] op.glob loops

heiby@mcdchg.chg.mcd.mot.com (Ron Heiby) (02/01/90)

I just recently installed patches 7 and 8 to perl and find that perl now
infinite loops in test op.glob.  At patch level 6, all tests passed ok.
Any ideas on where I should look?  Thanks much.
--
Ron Heiby, heiby@chg.mcd.mot.com	Moderator: comp.newprod
"She fell there."  "A victim of Newton's Law, eh?"

jsweedle@mipos2.intel.com (Jonathan Sweedler) (02/02/90)

In article <31548@mcdchg.chg.mcd.mot.com> heiby@mcdchg.chg.mcd.mot.com (Ron Heiby) writes:
>I just recently installed patches 7 and 8 to perl and find that perl now
>infinite loops in test op.glob.  At patch level 6, all tests passed ok.
>Any ideas on where I should look?  Thanks much.

Yeah, a similar thing happened to me.  I'm running a sun 386i system.  op.dbm
always failed for me, except that after patches 7 and 8 this test started
to loop endlessly instead of just failing.  I had to remove the test in
order to run the rest of the tests.  I haven't played with it at all to
figure out what the problem is, because it doesn't bother me (yet...).

Jonathan Sweedler, Microprocessor Design, Intel Corp.
UUCP: {decwrl,hplabs,oliveb}!intelca!mipos3!mipos2!jsweedle
ARPA: jsweedle%mipos2.intel.com@relay.cs.net