[comp.lang.perl] perl 3.0 and metaconfig

In article <6935@jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV> lwall@jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV (Larry Wall) writes:

>No, the dist/metaconfig you're using is Real Old.  The new one will be
>out one of these weeks/months/years, when I get a chance to make sure it
>still installs itself right.

How about making sure that Configure doesn't follow PATH to execute a
command named "try" ?
I used to have a shell script by that name that executed:
 /usr/lib/uucp/Uutry -r $*
and it wasn't immediately obvious why none of the programs that use
Configure would install.

Les Mikesell
  les@chinet.chi.il.us

In article <1990Feb1.163424.1057@chinet.chi.il.us> les@chinet.chi.il.us (Leslie Mikesell) writes:
: How about making sure that Configure doesn't follow PATH to execute a
: command named "try" ?
: I used to have a shell script by that name that executed:
:  /usr/lib/uucp/Uutry -r $*
: and it wasn't immediately obvious why none of the programs that use
: Configure would install.

Lots of people requested that the user's PATH be included in Configure's
PATH.

The solution would be to say ./try to force it to execute the one in the
current directory.

Larry