[comp.lang.perl] archive?

rodney@sun.ipl.rpi.edu (Rodney Peck II) (02/15/90)

Is anyone keeping an archive of the comp.lang.perl newsgroup?  If so, where is it
available for ftping?

At the least, someone should keep the code that's posted.

--
Rodney

In article <RF0_Y$@rpi.edu> rodney@sun.ipl.rpi.edu (Rodney Peck II) writes:
>Is anyone keeping an archive of the comp.lang.perl newsgroup?
>If so, where is it available for ftping?

I've got all articles saved since 13 December, beginning like this:

Folder comp/lang/perl                  Fri, 16 Feb 90 04:58:51 CST

1+ 13Dec scs@itivax.iti.or   2187 Re: getopt<<lwall@jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV (L
2  13Dec gaspar@stl-08sima   1035 Perl3.0/6 on 3B2--HELP!<<Apologies to all if
3  13Dec gaspar@stl-08sima   2027 Re: Perl on a 3b2<<Alex, |> I am trying to p
4  13Dec alex@rata.vuw.ac.   1493 Perl under other OSs<<We are switching from
5  13Dec tell@oscar.cs.unc    976 Re: Perl3.0/6 on 3B2--HELP!<<I had lots of

For a grand total of 377 messages and 1.2 megabytes.  However, I do not
believe this was the very first article in the newsgroup.  Sadly, they're
not available for anon-FTP because Convex doesn't do that (yet).  I can
FTP them out somewhere if desired.  I've also got a script to trim
messages with duplicate bodies from a folder in case we need to merge;
see <-1773786392@convex.convex.com> for the source in comp.mail.mh.

--tom
--

    Tom Christiansen                       {uunet,uiucdcs,sun}!convex!tchrist
    Convex Computer Corporation                            tchrist@convex.COM