[comp.lang.perl] statmon help needed

pml@cacs.usl.edu (Patrick M. Landry) (03/17/90)

I am a novice perl user trying to learn by doing. I am trying to
use the statmon script posted here recently but every time I run
it I get:

cajun04% statmon cajun
statmon v .3; initializing... couldn't do "sys/ioctl.h": No such file or directory at statmon line 269.

but ioctl.h is there along with all the others

cajun04% ls /usr/local/lib/perl/sys
errno.h         ioctl.h         socket.h        ttold.h         ttydev.h
filio.h         perlioctl.h     sockio.h        ttychars.h

Could this have to do with the numbers in sizeof.h not being correct?
I could not find the pcntl or system_information structures anywhere.
--
patrick
pml@cacs.usl.edu

In article <5426@rouge.usl.edu> pml@cacs.usl.edu (Patrick M. Landry) writes:
>cajun04% statmon cajun
>statmon v .3; initializing... couldn't do "sys/ioctl.h": No such file or directory at statmon line 269.
>
>but ioctl.h is there along with all the others
>
>cajun04% ls /usr/local/lib/perl/sys
>errno.h         ioctl.h         socket.h        ttold.h         ttydev.h
>filio.h         perlioctl.h     sockio.h        ttychars.h

>Could this have to do with the numbers in sizeof.h not being correct?
>I could not find the pcntl or system_information structures anywhere.

No, it shouldn't have to do with sizeof.h at all.  Sounds fishy -- you
might check and make sure that a very simple program that just sources
ioctl.h is working right.  You might check for a trailing 1; at the end of
sys/ioctl.h.

If you couldn't find pcntl, you don't need it, and struct system_information
is a Convex thing.  See my h2pl directory (if you have it) for a program to pull
out of your system ioctl.h the minimal list of objects whose sizes you need
to make the perl ioctl.h translation work right.

--tom
--

    Tom Christiansen                       {uunet,uiucdcs,sun}!convex!tchrist
    Convex Computer Corporation                            tchrist@convex.COM