[comp.lang.perl] executable perl for ibm

giles@hpausla.aso.hp.com (Giles Lean) (04/09/90)

B. Rahardjo <rahardj@ccu.umanitoba.ca> writes in comp.lang.perl:
> I am trying to install perl on my ibm. Unfortunately I don't have
> yacc or bison, or even the proper make program to compile.
> Anybody kind enough to mail the executable ?
> (I don't need the documentation, I have it on our Suns)

I am working on this ... Diomidis Spinellis's port is nearly there,
but has a couple of problems.

Problems so far included nine character targets in the Makefile,
and strings broken over mulitple lines (anyone seen a bitnet host?).
Other problems like internal compiler errors weren't too bad -- turn
off the optimization, way to go...

Not knowing DOS much (used to be not at all :-() I just commented out
the stuff related to tms structures. There is some sort of thing in
DOS, but whatever.

Now I have only to get the objects to link. (Multiple definitions, the
linker screams. More later...)

Anyone else out there trying to get perl running on MS-DOS?

Giles.

p.s. I ran yacc on unix, and transferred the output. I could put bison
on MSDOS, but I don't _really_ want to do software development under
DOS.

Giles Lean
Hewlett Packard	Australian Software Operation, Melbourne.
ACSnet:		giles@hpausla.aso.hp.oz		 (03)  871 1647
Internet:	giles@hpausla.aso.hp.com	 +61 3 871 1647
UUCP:		...!{hplabs,hp-sde,munnari}!hpausla!giles