[comp.lang.perl] perl crashed on 4.1

gorpong@ping.uucp (Gordon C. Galligher) (08/12/90)

In article <1990Aug11.113003.17294@ccu.umanitoba.ca> rahardj@ccu.umanitoba.ca (B. Rahardjo) writes:
>We just upgraded our system to SunOS 4.1, and forgot to recompile
>perl. It crashed the system with 'data fault' several times.
>After recompiled it (and applied the new patches ... now it's 27 !)
>it doesn't crash the system again.

There must be something flaky at your site.  At the place I used to work
we had Perl3/PL18 under SunOS 4.0.3 on a 4/280 and it worked fine.  I
upgraded the system to 4.1 and it still worked fine.  It would definitely
be a good idea to upgrade to PL27 anyway, but I just did not want
someone reading this group to think if they are going to upgrade they
need to recompile the sources (some may have them archived due to lack
of disk space).

		-- Gordon.

--
Gordon C. Galligher  <|> ..!uunet!telxon!gorpong <|> telxon!gorpong@uunet.uu.net
Telxon Corporation   <|> "It seems to me, Golan, that the advance of civiliza-