not ok 2
ok 3
ok 4
#4      :650542356: != :650542358:
ok 5

-- since Apollos do have a rather unusual filesystem, this could be nothing to
worry about, but on the other hand, you never know...

Any explanations?

                                Thanx in advance,
                                                mike
       ____  ____
      /   / / / /   Michael K. Gschwind             mike@vlsivie.at
     /   / / / /    Technical University, Vienna    mike@vlsivie.uucp
     ---/           Voice: (++43).1.58801 8144      e182202@awituw01.bitnet
       /            Fax:   (++43).1.569697
   ___/

holtz@cascade.carleton.ca (Neal Holtz) (08/13/90)

In article <1756@tuvie> mike@tuvie (Inst.f.Techn.Informatik) writes:
>I just made perl 3.0, patchlevel 27 on an Apollo running DomainOS
>sr10.2 (cc 6.6). It all worked ok, but during the regression tests, op.stat
>failed:
>1..56
>not ok 1
>not ok 2
>ok 3
>ok 4
>#4      :650542356: != :650542358:
>ok 5
>
>-- since Apollos do have a rather unusual filesystem, this could be nothing to
>worry about, but on the other hand, you never know...
>
>Any explanations?

I didn't worry about it -- its just a check of creation time versus last modification
time of a newly created file.  I don't think there is any reason that they should
necessarily be the same.

--
Prof. Neal Holtz,  Dept. of Civil Eng.,  Carleton University,  Ottawa, Canada
Internet: holtz@civeng.carleton.ca   Tel: (613)788-5797    Fax: (613)788-3951

mike@tuvie (Inst.f.Techn.Informatik) (08/14/90)

In article <1990Aug13.144108.1109@ccs.carleton.ca> holtz@cascade.carleton.ca (Neal Holtz) writes:
|>In article <1756@tuvie> mike@tuvie (Inst.f.Techn.Informatik) writes:
|>>I just made perl 3.0, patchlevel 27 on an Apollo running DomainOS
|>>sr10.2 (cc 6.6). It all worked ok, but during the regression tests, op.stat
|>>failed:
|>>1..56
|>>not ok 1
|>>not ok 2
|>>ok 3
|>>ok 4
|>>#4      :650542356: != :650542358:
|>>ok 5
|>>
|>>-- since Apollos do have a rather unusual filesystem, this could be nothing to
|>>worry about, but on the other hand, you never know...
|>>
|>>Any explanations?
|>
|>I didn't worry about it -- its just a check of creation time versus last modification
|>time of a newly created file.  I don't think there is any reason that they should
|>necessarily be the same.

Test 2 does so. But test 1 checks for the number of links to a file. It
_is_ rather unusual that a newly created file should have more then one
link to it.

				bye,
					mike