[comp.lang.perl] OK, I've stopped hyperventilating...

worley@compass.uucp (Dale Worley) (10/19/90)

Even though the recently distributed patches have all their tabs
turned into spaces, they can still be applied if you use "-l" (don't
be picky about whitespace) on patch.  You do, however, have to
translate leading whitespace back into tabs in the Makefiles.
Fortunately, PL 36 makes several bugs that were nagging me disappear.
Thanks, Larry!

Dale

Dale Worley		Compass, Inc.			worley@compass.com
--
[V]irgins were often selected to beta-test volcanos.  -- Bob Starkey

louie@sayshell.umd.edu (Louis A. Mamakos) (10/20/90)

In article <1990Oct19.134307.2855@uvaarpa.Virginia.EDU> worley@compass.uucp writes:
>Even though the recently distributed patches have all their tabs
>turned into spaces, they can still be applied if you use "-l"...

I suspect that some evil, upstream site "helped" you by converting those
tabs to spaces.  IBM mainframes that claim to do news have been know to do
this.

The patches that arrived here didn't seem to suffer that indignity, and were
applied with no problems.

louie