[comp.lang.perl] Memory Fault - core dump

jwas@PacBell.COM (Joe Wasik) (10/22/90)

Perl PL36 has been installed on our 3B15 running Sys V 3.1.1.  When doing the
"make test", our version dumps core.  It does so at seemingly random
locations, each time dumping in a different place, but always dumping before
going very far.  It says, "Memory Fault."

Our PL28 runs and compiles with no problems.  I recompiled PL28, tested it,
and brought the config.sh to PL36.  No luck.  I've tried removing the
optimizer, adding the Crippeled_CC flag, changing libraries.  Still no luck.

Perhaps an unrelated error, "rm: makelib not found" during the last part
of the Configutaion stage.

Does anyone share this experience?

--
Joe Wasik - PacBell, 2600 Camino Ramon, 4e750, San Ramon, CA 94583  415-823-2422
jwas@PacBell.COM or {att,bellcore,sun,ames,pyramid}!pacbell!pbhyf!jwas

jwas@PacBell.COM (Joe Wasik) (10/23/90)

In article <8170@pbhyf.PacBell.COM> jwas@PacBell.COM (Joe Wasik) writes:
>Perl PL36 has been installed on our 3B15 running Sys V 3.1.1.  When doing the
>"make test", our version dumps core.  It does so at seemingly random
>locations, each time dumping in a different place, but always dumping before
>going very far.  It says, "Memory Fault."

Thank You Larry for Patch #37.  It solved the problem.

Now only this remains: "op exec FAILED on test4".  It does this when
typing "make test".  When running "perl op.exec," it works.

BTW, the README for "test" says "type 'TEST'".  It probably should say
"type '../perl TEST'"