gumby@mit-eddie.UUCP (David Vinayak Wallace) (05/12/84)

    From: mjl@ritcv.UUCP
    Newsgroups: net.followup
    Date: Wed, 9-May-84 06:37:46 EDT

    I suppose that VULCANIZED programs are stronger, more elastic, and
    give better mileage (if you use the radial linker).

The radial linker aligns the program in the disk perpendicular to its
circumference.  This improved the speed of loading, to some degree.

mp@whuxle.UUCP (Mark Plotnick) (05/12/84)

	From: gumby@mit-eddie.UUCP (David Vinayak Wallace)

	The radial linker aligns the program in the disk perpendicular to its
	circumference.  This improved the speed of loading, to some degree.

Speaking of improved loading, on the HP2000C you could make
your program reside on drum rather than disk by typing the
command SANCTIFY.  To return it to disk, you'd type DESECRATE.
Somebody must have had fun inventing these names.  Nowadays,
all we do is drop the last syllable of a word and squeeze out
all the vowels.  Boring.

	Mark

zulu@bmcg.UUCP (05/14/84)

Not only that but the Seven-Ply Compilers are the most durable yet --
they have withstood ice, misaligned blocks, and 100,000,000 miles of
parity errors.
And when you want a compatible car as a peripheral to your Harris
Multi-Ply Compilers and Radial Linkers, you should think about Ford.

Yours truly,
		   Harris'n' Ford
		   ("Raiders of the lost Ark")

bob@islenet.UUCP (Robert P. Cunningham) (05/17/84)

I haven't seen the foregoing articles, but -- among other things -- I
happen to help manage a Harris H800.  If anyone out there needs some info
on Harris computers, send me mail and I'll try to oblige.   We're
thinking of trading up to an H1000, and I'd like to hear from anyone
who has one of those.
--
Bob Cunningham   ..{dual,uhpgvax,vortex}!islenet!bob
Honolulu, Hawaii