[comp.lang.perl] lib.big still fails at PL41

rrr@u02.svl.cdc.com (Rich Ragan) (11/14/90)

I just applied patch level 41, did the make and make test
and lib.big still fails. System is Mips RISCOS based.
Patch applied with no problems indicated.
--
Richard R. Ragan  rrr@svl.cdc.com  (408) 496-4340
Control Data Corporation--Silicon Valley Operations

utashiro@sran84.sra.co.jp (Kazumasa Utashiro) (11/15/90)

In article <28645@shamash.cdc.com> rrr@svl.cdc.com writes:
>> I just applied patch level 41, did the make and make test
>> and lib.big still fails. System is Mips RISCOS based.
>> Patch applied with no problems indicated.

I passed all test suite on RISC/os 4.50ij in bsd world.
perl@41 include my patch for MIPS architecture which can't
convert big float to long correctly.  However since that fix
is enabled when CASTNEGFLOAT is not defined, you have to
edit config.sh to disable it.  I think my fix is not smart.
If anybody found better way, please tell Larry.

I changed 'nm' to 'nm -B' in Configure command and edit
config.sh after running it.  Here is a diff output with
config.sh made by only hitting RETURN key.

Optimizing level is not enough, but I gave up level 3000
because it took looooooong time...

88,89c88,89
< d_castneg='define'
< d_charsprf='define'
---
> d_castneg='undef'
> d_charsprf='undef'
148c148
< d_volatile='define'
---
> d_volatile='undef'
154,155c154,155
< i_dirent='define'
< d_dirnamlen='undef'
---
> i_dirent='undef'
> d_dirnamlen='define'
162c162
< d_pwage='define'
---
> d_pwage='undef'
188,189c188,189
< optimize='-O'
< ccflags=' -I/usr/include/sun -I/usr/include/bsd -DLANGUAGE_C'
---
> optimize='-O -Olimit 2000'
> ccflags=' -I/usr/include/sun -I/usr/include/bsd -I/usr/include -DLANGUAGE_C'
191c191
< ldflags=''
---
> ldflags=' -L/usr/lib'
193c193
< libs='-ldbm -lsun -lbsd'
---
> libs='-ldbm -lsun -lbsd -lm'

---
K. Utashiro
utashiro@sra.co.jp

meggers@mothra.nts.uci.edu (Mark Eggers) (11/16/90)

PL41 and -Olimit 2820 fixes lib.big on a DECstation 3100 running Ultrix 4.0.

Thanks for the fast work !!

/mde/