[comp.lang.perl] Man pages for PL41?

roy%cybrspc@cs.umn.edu (Roy M. Silvernail) (12/06/90)

Having just (finally! :-) received Len's MS-DOS version of PL41, I find
no man pages in the Zipfile. I know there are several differences
between PL18 and PL41. Can someone give me a pointer to either the man
pages for PL41 or diffs from the PL18 man pages that came with the DOS
PL18?

Thanks in advance!
--
Roy M. Silvernail |+|  roy%cybrspc@cs.umn.edu  |+| #define opinions ALL_MINE;
main(){float x=1;x=x/50;printf("It's only $%.2f, but it's my $%.2f!\n",x,x);}

lbr@holos0.uucp (Len Reed) (12/11/90)

In article <RkBRT1w163w@cybrspc> roy%cybrspc@cs.umn.edu (Roy M. Silvernail) writes:
>Having just (finally! :-) received Len's MS-DOS version of PL41, I find
>no man pages in the Zipfile. I know there are several differences
>between PL18 and PL41. Can someone give me a pointer to either the man
>pages for PL41 or diffs from the PL18 man pages that came with the DOS
>PL18?

There are a lot of differences.  I didn't put manual pages into my
executable distribution on the assumption that most users would have
or could get the current Unix distribution which has
complete manuals.  If you have ftp access you can get this from
Larry Wall's site.

If my assumption was incorrect perhaps there needs to be a means by
which the manuals can be made available separately.  I'm not even
sure what format they should be in.  If someone is getting MS-DOS perl
outside of a Unix environment the manuals might have to be pre-formatted
instead of in roff source.
--
Len Reed
Holos Software, Inc.