[comp.lang.perl] Critics

You ever notice how much criticism your read about what's "supposed" to be
in this newsgroup from some guy who's never posted a line of the perl
code?  Reminds me of movie critics versus actors, especially when all the
actors and the audience seem to enjoy the show, except for this one critic
who doesn't even act and who keeps stomping his foot and complaining
about it.  He really doesn't have to stay and watch it if it bothers him
all that much, and the rest of the audience could get back to the show.

--tom

tneff@bfmny0.BFM.COM (Tom Neff) (01/10/91)

In article <1991Jan09.215856.6024@convex.com> tchrist@convex.COM (Tom Christiansen) writes:
>You ever notice how much criticism your read about what's "supposed" to be
>in this newsgroup from some guy who's never posted a line of the perl
>code?  Reminds me of movie critics versus actors, especially when all the
>actors and the audience seem to enjoy the show, except for this one critic
>who doesn't even act and who keeps stomping his foot and complaining
>about it.  He really doesn't have to stay and watch it if it bothers him
>all that much, and the rest of the audience could get back to the show.

Yeah I agree that Dan's rhubarb was unwarranted.  Comp.lang.perl is one
of the good things about Usenet.  No Eden without a serpent, I guess.  :-)

For what it's worth, I do think that the 6-part MAN emulator was a
little too big for crossposting here; it might have been better in
alt.sources or comp.sources.misc alone, with a pointer to it posted
here.  But I don't wish to sound ungrateful.

--
      +----------+                %\%\  uunet!bfmny0!tneff