[comp.lang.perl] The book's here; where's Perl 4.0?

clarke@arnor.uucp (02/01/91)

I received "THE BOOK" yesterday .... it has a 'one hump dromedary' on
the cover ( from the colophon.  It's also known as a camel ).  The
binding is in hot pink ...

Is perl 3.0 @ pl44 equivalent to 4.0?

Ed Clarke
clarke@ibm.com

In article <1991Jan31.173257.4052@arnor.uucp> clarke@arnor.uucp writes:
: I received "THE BOOK" yesterday .... it has a 'one hump dromedary' on
: the cover ( from the colophon.  It's also known as a camel ).  The
: binding is in hot pink ...

Whatever it is, it has one hump and an attitude.

Looks more like hot purple to me.

: Is perl 3.0 @ pl44 equivalent to 4.0?

More or less.  There are a few differences in 4.0, but it's mostly going
to be a repackaging.  I expect to have a beta out within a few days, and
the real thing out a week after that.

Larry

rodney@dali.ipl.rpi.edu (Rodney Peck II) (02/01/91)

In article <1991Jan31.173257.4052@arnor.uucp> clarke@arnor.uucp writes:
>I received "THE BOOK" yesterday .... it has a 'one hump dromedary' on
>the cover ( from the colophon.  It's also known as a camel ).  The
>binding is in hot pink ...

I just got mine today -- terrific.  Thanks Larry and Randal!  I like the
ref card too.  I was suprised to see it's the same as the one that's on
the net.  A reference card from the Netherlands.  Isn't the network great?

I suppose we'll start to hear people suggesting that those with questions
about perl can "TRFB" and try again.

Or maybe there will be a flurry of page number references in future postings.

:)

--
Rodney