[comp.lang.perl] They didn't pitch'em!

merlyn@iwarp.intel.com (Randal L. Schwartz) (02/20/91)

In article <288@carssdf.UUCP>, usenet@carssdf (John Watson) writes:
| > merlyn@iwarp.intel.com (Randal L. Schwartz) writes:
| > >5000 copies were printed on the first run.  4700(!) had to be recalled
| >
| > Typical American waste.
| >

| Give to universities: A VERY GOOD IDEA.  I recomend CLARKSON, Potsdam NY
| for a couple of hunderd copies.
|
| I would think anyone working in the state of Washington would get VERY
| UPSET at plundering our natural resources for something as trivial as
| a smeared cover.
|
| Get these books spread into universities and open some minds.  Maby in
| the next decade we can stamp out COBOL once and for all.

Ouch.  Sorry.  My fuzzy memory attacked me again!

The *real* scoop is that they are re-covering them... *NOT* tossing them.
I got this straight from the, er, uh, Camel's Mouth. :-)

So the covers are getting tossed, but the pages inside are getting
recycled into the new books.  [Better, Tim? :-]

print "Just another posting correction a slight incorrection," # :-)
--
/=Randal L. Schwartz, Stonehenge Consulting Services (503)777-0095 ==========\
| on contract to Intel's iWarp project, Beaverton, Oregon, USA, Sol III      |

rodney@sun.ipl.rpi.edu (Rodney Peck II) (02/20/91)

In article <1991Feb19.191850.18898@iwarp.intel.com> merlyn@iwarp.intel.com (Randal L. Schwartz) writes:
>In article <288@carssdf.UUCP>, usenet@carssdf (John Watson) writes:
>| Give to universities: A VERY GOOD IDEA.  I recomend CLARKSON, Potsdam NY
>| for a couple of hunderd copies.
>The *real* scoop is that they are re-covering them... *NOT* tossing them.
>I got this straight from the, er, uh, Camel's Mouth. :-)
>
>So the covers are getting tossed, but the pages inside are getting
>recycled into the new books.  [Better, Tim? :-]

I think Clarkson should get 4700 copies of the covers anyway.   :-)
And maybe a dictionary?  ahem.  :) :)

--
Rodney