[net.columbia] id AA03028; Wed, 8 Feb 84 20:34:32 est

Pavel.pa@PARC-MAXC.ARPA@cornell.UUCP (Pavel.pa@PARC-MAXC.ARPA) (02/09/84)

Date: 8 Feb 84 10:19:38 PST
From: Pavel.pa@PARC-MAXC.ARPA
Subject: Shuttle flights
To: net-columbia@CORNELL

Maybe it's just the silly news people again, but I keep hearing the next
flight, in April, to fix the Solar Max satellite, referred to as the
"13th flight".  Huh?  This is only the tenth flight, isn't it?

Could someone (probably Adam) please do me and others a favor and make
up a list of all of the flights that have taken place or been scheduled
thus far, giving their real or anticipated dates, any crew info and
important comments about them?  I would really appreciate having such a
reference around, but I don't have easy access to the facts needed to
make it.  Do you?

	Pavel Curtis
	ARPAnet and CSNet: Pavel@PARC-MAXC
	UUCP: decvax!cornell!pavel
	BitNet: crnlcs%pavel

alb@alice.UUCP (Adam L. Buchsbaum) (02/10/84)

This is the tenth time the shuttle has flown.  However,
since STS-10 was cancelled, this is officially STS-11
(or would have officially been STS-11 had it not been
redesignated 41-B).  STS-12 was also cancelled, so the
flight in April is officially STS-13 (sorry, 41-C)