[comp.lang.perl] perl 3.0 pl12 missing functions

gregs@well.sf.ca.us (Greg Strockbine) (03/15/91)

 I copied L.Yaffe's dcmp program the other day and when I tried to
run it perl hung on the 'require' statement. To get by this I inserted
the library right into the source.  Then it hung on splice and sysread.
Are these missing form 3.0 patch level 12?  I got this version off the
GNU tape just before Christmas.
	greg strockbine, dataproducts, woodland hills, ca.

rbj@uunet.UU.NET (Root Boy Jim) (03/15/91)

In article <23618@well.sf.ca.us> gregs@well.sf.ca.us (Greg Strockbine) writes:

> I copied L.Yaffe's dcmp program the other day and when I tried to
>run it perl hung on the 'require' statement. To get by this I inserted
>the library right into the source.  Then it hung on splice and sysread.
>Are these missing form 3.0 patch level 12?  I got this version off the
>GNU tape just before Christmas.

Perl is up to patch level 44, and a 4.0 beta is out. Get either.
The version you have is too old to use.
--
		[rbj@uunet 1] stty sane
		unknown mode: sane