[comp.lang.perl] Larry, I forgive you ...

david@twg.com (David S. Herron) (03/17/91)

I just now got around to learning perl and am I really impressed!

This weekend I've been writing a little compiler with it (it even
has 3 passes!) and it's been pretty darn powerful.

You are now forgiven for abandoning work on `rn' ;-)

(BTW, the O'Reilly book is very good but I have yet to find
the little reference guide of any use, sorry)

		David

stripes@eng.umd.edu (Joshua Osborne) (03/21/91)

In article <8774@gollum.twg.com>, david@twg.com (David S. Herron) writes:
> I just now got around to learning perl and am I really impressed!
>
> This weekend I've been writing a little compiler with it (it even
> has 3 passes!) and it's been pretty darn powerful.
>
> You are now forgiven for abandoning work on `rn' ;-)
>
> (BTW, the O'Reilly book is very good but I have yet to find
> the little reference guide of any use, sorry)

The reference card?  It is very nearly worth as much as the Book!  Are there
any plans to sell newer versions of the card without the book?  Or will I have to
settle for printing it on flimsy paper stock?
--
           stripes@eng.umd.edu          "Security for Unix is like
      Josh_Osborne@Real_World,The          Multitasking for MS-DOS"