[comp.lang.perl] MSDOS Binary available somewhere?

woan@nowhere (Ronald S Woan) (03/27/91)

Is there an MSDOS port of any of recent PERL releases available from
somwhere? I have a real old version from Simtel that I have found it
to be extremely useful even on this antiquated "OS"...

+ Ronald S. Woan                woan@cactus.org or woan@austin.vnet.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +

nemossan@uitec.ac.jp (Sakurao NEMOTO) (03/28/91)

In article <3697@d75.UUCP> woan@cactus.org writes:
>Is there an MSDOS port of any of recent PERL releases available from
>somwhere? I have a real old version from Simtel that I have found it
>to be extremely useful even on this antiquated "OS"...

The day before yesterday, serow@mix (Japanese-BBS) released first-version of
perl-4 for MS-DOS, which supports Japanese-language.  Size of jperl.exe is
about 300-kB, and document is only in Japanese language.  All the files in-
cluding jperl.exe, document etc,etc amounts about 300-kB compressed by
LHarc.
					nemossan@uitec.ac.jp