[comp.lang.perl] MS-DOS actually exists

spel@hippo.ru.ac.za (Dr. E.W. Lisse) (04/10/91)

Hi,

someone must have implemented it on MS-DOS. (MS-DOS is that software
that keeps zillions of PC/XT/AT/Clones running for you purists out
there)

To my defense I must say that I would prefer to run Unix on my box (286)
if I could afford it (386 etc).

Now enough of the :-)-O stuff:

Can someone please indicate if a version of perl exist for ms-dos and
where (exactly) one can grab it. I have no ftp (remember this is Africa)
but can use the princeton mail-ftp server, which works very very well.
(We  use a perl script of course to facilitate the process)

If I know the host and the subdirectory and the exact name, I can grab
it myself. If however someone wishes to email me the uuEncoded
ZIP/ZOO/tar.Z/LHC/ARC of perl.EXE, I will forever be grateful.

regards, el
--
Dr. Eberhard W. Lisse       (spel@hippo.ru.ac.ZA)
Katatura State Hospital     (formerly extel@quagga.ru.ac.za)

spel@hippo.ru.ac.za (Dr. E.W. Lisse) (04/15/91)

In <spel.671221201@hippo> spel@hippo.ru.ac.za (Dr. E.W. Lisse) writes:

>Hi,

>someone must have implemented it on MS-DOS. (MS-DOS is that software
>that keeps zillions of PC/XT/AT/Clones running for you purists out
>there)

>To my defense I must say that I would prefer to run Unix on my box (286)
>if I could afford it (386 etc).

>Now enough of the :-)-O stuff:

>Can someone please indicate if a version of perl exist for ms-dos and
>where (exactly) one can grab it. I have no ftp (remember this is Africa)
>but can use the princeton mail-ftp server, which works very very well.
>(We  use a perl script of course to facilitate the process)

>If I know the host and the subdirectory and the exact name, I can grab
>it myself. If however someone wishes to email me the uuEncoded
[...]

I got it from simtel pd1:<msdos.perl>lenms41.zip

thanks, el