[comp.lang.perl] Perl book

rahardj@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Budi Rahardjo) (12/11/90)

Could somebody post/send e-mail the detail of the book ?
ie: ISBN number, title, etc. so I can order it now ..

thanks,
-- budi
--
Budi Rahardjo <rahardj@ccu.umanitoba.ca>
Networking Group - University of Manitoba

afsipmh@cid.aes.doe.CA (Patrick Hertel) (12/12/90)

In article <1990Dec11.153614.9992@ccu.umanitoba.ca> rahardj@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Budi Rahardjo) writes:
>Could somebody post/send e-mail the detail of the book ?
>ie: ISBN number, title, etc. so I can order it now ..
>
>thanks,
>-- budi
>--
>Budi Rahardjo <rahardj@ccu.umanitoba.ca>
>Networking Group - University of Manitoba

 To the best of my knowledge this book does not exist as yet, although
 it was (ahem) SUPPOSED to be out around last September. It will be
 put out by the folks at O'Reilly (the nutshell people).
--
Pat Hertel                 Canadian Meteorological Centre
Analyst/Programmer         2121 N. Service Rd.        % rm God

merlyn@iwarp.intel.com (Randal L. Schwartz) (12/12/90)

In article <1990Dec11.165246.29962@cid.aes.doe.CA>, afsipmh@cid (Patrick Hertel) writes:
|  To the best of my knowledge this book does not exist as yet, although
|  it was (ahem) SUPPOSED to be out around last September. It will be
|  put out by the folks at O'Reilly (the nutshell people).

Hey... no "ahems" please.  We're workin' on it as fast as our
collective busy schedules will allow.  (It's competing with my
billable time, and my credit card balances are *much* too high to
simply blow off work.)

But, on a good note, I indexed the last chapter last night, and OR&A
should have all the text in by the end of the week.  Larry's been
pullin' a heckuva heavy workload to get this finished in time for
delivery by Usenix/Uniforum in January.  So far, it looks like we made
it.

(troff'ing last night generated 325 pages without index or TOC... it's
huge.)

Stay tuned for the "real" announcement.  It's close... just hang in
there.

print "Just another Perl [book] hacker,"
--
/=Randal L. Schwartz, Stonehenge Consulting Services (503)777-0095 ==========\
| on contract to Intel's iWarp project, Beaverton, Oregon, USA, Sol III      |

ambar@ora.com (Jean Marie Diaz) (12/12/90)

   From: afsipmh@cid.aes.doe.CA (Patrick Hertel)
   Date: 11 Dec 90 16:52:46 GMT

    To the best of my knowledge this book does not exist as yet, although
    it was (ahem) SUPPOSED to be out around last September. It will be
    put out by the folks at O'Reilly (the nutshell people).

It's supposed to be out in time for Usenix, and you can order it from
the 800 number in my .sig.

				AMBAR
ambar@ora.com						uunet!ora!ambar
O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.  Publishers of Nutshell Handbooks
90 Sherman Street, Cambridge, MA 02140; 617-354-5800
Book Orders => 632 Petaluma Ave, Sebastopol, CA 95472
               800-DEV-NUTS (that's 800-338-6887) FAX 707-829-0104

ron@DRD.Com (Ron Madurski) (12/14/90)

merlyn@iwarp.intel.com (Randal L. Schwartz) wrote:
} In article <1990Dec11.165246.29962@cid.aes.doe.CA>, afsipmh@cid (Patrick Hertel) writes:
} |  To the best of my knowledge this book does not exist as yet, although
}
}
} But, on a good note, I indexed the last chapter last night, and OR&A
} delivery by Usenix/Uniforum in January.  So far, it looks like we made
} it.
}
} Stay tuned for the "real" announcement.  It's close... just hang in
} there.

It is already in the OR&A catalogue, in fact I ordered one early this
week.  I sure hope it gets finished before they send it to me.

--
ron@DRD.Com
uunet!apctrc!drd!ron

dittrich@milton.u.washington.edu (Dave Dittrich) (12/15/90)

See the ad in UNIX WORLD,  January 1991, p130.  (Can you say $ave?)
I just called  and placed my order.  They told me the book is not yet ready
to ship, but should be by early January.  (I just hope they bill when
they ship :-).
--
Dave Dittrich
Dept. of Chemistry BG-10, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195

In article <1990Dec13.202309.13116@DRD.Com> ron@DRD.Com (Ron Madurski) writes:
: It is already in the OR&A catalogue, in fact I ordered one early this
: week.  I sure hope it gets finished before they send it to me.

Depends, of course, on how you define "finished".  It's about twice
as finished as we estimated in August...

Tim & Co. are putting the final tweaks in, and it goes to the printer
this week.  I've already got my tee shirt, which is of course the most
important thing.

Larry

eastick@me.utoronto.ca (Doug Eastick) (12/18/90)

lwall@jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV (Larry Wall) writes:
>I've already got my tee shirt, which is of course the most important thing.

I asked O'R&A yesterday if they had any shirts.  They said they only
had AWK and SED (I thought she said "we only have orkinsed" the first
time).   Any idea if shirts will be available for non-usenix people?

zu@astbe.UUCP (The wizard of Oz) (04/19/91)

On page 104 of the perl manual (Release 4.000) there is a
reference to "The Perl book, Programming Perl". Where is it available?

--Olaf Zurth
--
| Olaf Zurth             AEG Softwaretechnik Berlin           Abt.: AST1 E2-B |
| Hohenzollerndamm 150     D 1000 Berlin 33        Tel. (voice): +30 828 2892 |