[comp.lang.perl] Book scripts online?

andyd@pogo.WV.TEK.COM (Andy Davidson) (05/13/91)

Is there an anonymous ftp site that has the scripts from the Camel book
already available, or do I have to type them in myself?

        andy

   Andy Davidson    685-3033     63-356	     GPID Toolsmith-in-residence
     Internet: andyd@pogo.WV.tek.com     uucp: ...!tektronix!pogo!andyd
        If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything.

--
    Andy Davidson    685-3033     63-356        Manager, GPID QA & Tools
           andyd@pogo.WV.tek.com  -or- "Andy Davidson"@email.hub

woan@exeter.austin.ibm.com (Ronald S Woan) (05/13/91)

andyd@pogo.WV.TEK.COM (Andy Davidson) writes:
>Is there an anonymous ftp site that has the scripts from the Camel book
>already available, or do I have to type them in myself?

Like all Nutshell books, try uunet.uu.net.

I think this is it:
uunet.uu.net:nutshell/perl/perl.tar.Z by anonymous FTP
+ Ronald S. Woan                woan@cactus.org or woan@austin.vnet.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +

stanley@phoenix.com (John Stanley) (05/15/91)

woan@exeter.austin.ibm.com (Ronald S Woan) writes:

> andyd@pogo.WV.TEK.COM (Andy Davidson) writes:
> >Is there an anonymous ftp site that has the scripts from the Camel book
> >already available, or do I have to type them in myself?
>
> Like all Nutshell books, try uunet.uu.net.
>
> I think this is it:
> uunet.uu.net:nutshell/perl/perl.tar.Z by anonymous FTP

   Yes, most of the book stuff is there. None of the code that implements
to 'library' described in the appendix is, though. Where is that code?

merlyn@iwarp.intel.com (Randal L. Schwartz) (05/15/91)

In article <VT5y21w163w@phoenix.com>, stanley@phoenix (John Stanley) writes:
|    Yes, most of the book stuff is there. None of the code that implements
| to 'library' described in the appendix is, though. Where is that code?

Yo!  That's in the distribution, and installed in the directory
$INC[0], according to your local Perl.  If not, your installer broke
something.

print "\x4a\x75\x73\x74\x20\x61\x6e\x6f\x74\x68\x65\x72\x20\x50\x65",
"\x72\x6c\x20\x68\x61\x63\x6b\x65\x72\x2c" unless $] < 4;
--
/=Randal L. Schwartz, Stonehenge Consulting Services (503)777-0095 ==========\
| on contract to Intel's iWarp project, Beaverton, Oregon, USA, Sol III      |

harrison@csl.dl.nec.com (Mark Harrison) (05/15/91)

In article <VT5y21w163w@phoenix.com> stanley@phoenix.com (John Stanley) writes:

>   Yes, most of the book stuff is there. None of the code that implements
>to 'library' described in the appendix is, though. Where is that code?

Look in the "lib" directory of the perl distribution.  When installed
on our system, they finally end up in "/usr/local/lib/perl".

print "Just another perl dilitant who still thinks in awk"

Mark.
--
Mark Harrison           | Note: harrison@ssd.dl.nec.com and
harrison@csl.dl.nec.com | necssd!harrison are not operating at

stanley@phoenix.com (John Stanley) (05/16/91)

merlyn@iwarp.intel.com (Randal L. Schwartz) writes:

> In article <VT5y21w163w@phoenix.com>, stanley@phoenix (John Stanley) writes:
> |    Yes, most of the book stuff is there. None of the code that implements
> | to 'library' described in the appendix is, though. Where is that code?
>
> Yo!  That's in the distribution, and installed in the directory
> $INC[0], according to your local Perl.  If not, your installer broke
> something.

   It's not in the distribution I got, and if it had been I would have
installed it in INC right next to the perldb.pl that was there and the
ctime.pl I have already written.