[comp.lang.perl] Perl under SVR4?

logan@netxcom.netx.com (Jim Logan) (06/12/91)

Does anyone know whether the Configure script for Perl 4.0 works
with AT&T System V Release 4?  I'd like to get a copy of Perl 4.0
in any case, but I'm restricted to shar'ed sources since I'm not
on the Internet.

If anyone is willing to shar the latest version of Perl and send
it to me, I would be very grateful.  If YOU would be willing to
send it to me, please don't just send it because I might wind up
with 50 copies in my mailbox!  Instead, please reply to:

	logan@gimlet.cntv.va.us

PLEASE respond!  Please please please please with sugar on top! :-)

			-Jim Logan
--
Jim Logan                Home: logan@gimlet.cntv.va.us
Consultant               Work: logan@netx.com

dave@jato.jpl.nasa.gov (Dave Hayes) (06/12/91)

logan@netxcom.netx.com (Jim Logan) writes:

>Does anyone know whether the Configure script for Perl 4.0 works
>with AT&T System V Release 4?  I'd like to get a copy of Perl 4.0
>in any case, but I'm restricted to shar'ed sources since I'm not
>on the Internet.

It does (at least the one at PL 3) BUT...you've GOT to go and
edit the config.sh file and tell it that stdio isn't std.

At least that's how I got it to work.

--
Dave Hayes - Network & Communications Engineering - JPL / NASA - Pasadena CA
dave@elxr.jpl.nasa.gov       dave@jato.jpl.nasa.gov           ames!elroy!dxh

  "Every extreme attitude is a flight from the self."  -- Eric Hoffer.

logan@netxcom.netx.com (Jim Logan) (06/13/91)

In article <455@netxcom.netx.com> I wrote:
# If anyone is willing to shar the latest version of Perl and send
# it to me, I would be very grateful.  If YOU would be willing to
# send it to me, please don't just send it because I might wind up
# with 50 copies in my mailbox!  Instead, please reply to:
#
# 	logan@gimlet.cntv.va.us

UUNET is having problems this week (some of my mail is getting
bounced), so if my domain address fails, please try one of these:

	logan%gimlet@uunet.uu.net
	gimlet!logan@uunet.uu.net

#