[comp.lang.perl] PERL 4pl10 - Fails regexp test

dave@jato.jpl.nasa.gov (Dave Hayes) (06/15/91)

Perl 4.0 patch level 10 fails the "op.regexp" test at 200 on a Sun 4
running SunOS 4.1.

No, I haven't investigated exactly why just yet.

--
Dave Hayes - Network & Communications Engineering - JPL / NASA - Pasadena CA
dave@elxr.jpl.nasa.gov       dave@jato.jpl.nasa.gov           ames!elroy!dxh

   When you have been your own teacher for a time, you may be ready
                                   to find someone else who can teach you.

csu@alembic.acs.com (Dave Mack) (06/22/91)

In article <1991Jun14.210443.10770@jato.jpl.nasa.gov> dave@jato.jpl.nasa.gov writes:
>Perl 4.0 patch level 10 fails the "op.regexp" test at 200 on a Sun 4
>running SunOS 4.1.
>
>No, I haven't investigated exactly why just yet.

Perl4.010 with the voidsig patch installed successfully runs all
tests on my Sun-4/110, SunOS4.1, compiled with cc -O and yacc.

I seriously doubt that the regexp stuff depends on the return from
signal, but you never know.

Try doing a make realclean; Configure and tell it that config.sh
didn't come from your system. Some bizarre things have happened
in Configure since patch3.

Dave Mack