[comp.lang.perl] need perl binary for xenix v2.2.3

glenn@cs.uwa.oz.au (Glenn Huxtable) (06/26/91)

I have been having problems trying to build perl on an 80286 (1Mb)
running xenix v2.2.3. The shell runs out of stack trying to source
'config.sh' and the compiler blows it's heap trying to process include files.

I'm in a bit of a hurry, so I can't try more memory in the machine, or try
to hack around the problems. I don't really need to be able to recompile, I
only want a binary to use for diagnostic purposes on a production system that
does not have a compiler environment (there's nothing sadder than a programmer
without a programming language).

Does anyone have a binary for xenix v2.2.? that I could FTP or they could
send me? I could even try a binary for v2.3, the compiler environment is
much the same. If so, please mail me. I'll choose the closest!

thanx,
glenn
--
Email  - glenn@cs.uwa.oz.au	  ,-_|\ 			 glenn huxtable
phone  - +61 9 380 2878 	 /     \ 	       dept of computer science

ronald@robobar.co.uk (Ronald S H Khoo) (06/27/91)

glenn@cs.uwa.oz.au (Glenn Huxtable) writes:

> Does anyone have a binary for xenix v2.2.? that I could FTP or they could
> send me? I could even try a binary for v2.3, the compiler environment is
> much the same.

On 286 Xenix, the execution environment of 2.3 is different from 2.2.
Don't bother.
--
Ronald Khoo <ronald@robobar.co.uk> +44 81 991 1142 (O) +44 71 229 7741 (H)