[comp.lang.perl] Where to get Perl?

timd@aiai.uucp (Tim Duncan) (02/28/90)

I've been reading this group for a couple of weeks hoping that someone
would tell me where I can get hold of Perl. Can someone put me out of
my misery?

	-- Tim

 Tim Duncan, AI Applications Institute, University of Edinburgh,
  80 South Bridge, Edinburgh EH1 1HN, Scotland, United Kingdom.
 JANET:  T.Duncan@uk.ac.edinburgh
 ARPA:   T.Duncan%uk.ac.ed@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
 BITNET: T.Duncan%uk.ac.ed@ukacrl.bitnet
 UUCP:   ... mcvax!ukc!ed.ac.uk!T.Duncan

kim@feynman.valid.com (Kim Helliwell) (06/27/91)

Can someone tell me whether any of the archive servers have Perl?
(We don't have direct internet access, so we can't use ftp).
Please respond by email; I don't read comp.lang.perl (yet!).

"Never let work interfere with your reasons for working."

Kim Helliwell

ziegast@eng.umd.edu (Eric W. Ziegast) (06/28/91)

In article <611@valid.valid.com> kim@feynman.valid.com (Kim Helliwell) writes:
>Can someone tell me whether any of the archive servers have Perl?
>(We don't have direct internet access, so we can't use ftp).
>Please respond by email; I don't read comp.lang.perl (yet!).

I'll mail this person.
For other UUCP people, there's a copy of 4.010 on uunet...

	uunet!gnu/perl-4.010.tar.Z

or via ftp for east coast Internet people...

	% ftp uunet.uu.net
	ftp> cd gnu
--
Eric Ziegast