[soc.religion.islam] Rashad Khalifa

abdenour@mist.CS.ORST.EDU (Abdennour A. MOUSSAOUI) (02/06/90)

Salam Alaykum!

I have heard from brothers here in Oregon, that Rashad Khalifa the egyptian
from Tuson, Arizona has been killed/murdered.  Maybe somebody on the net
can tell us more about it...(true or false)...
Note: Rashad Khalifa is the guy in Arizona claiming he is a prophet after
Muhamad(pbuh) and has weird doctrines....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ /\   !    ~~~~Hayaa Ala-falaah
Abdennour Moussaoui              || _~_~_      Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar
Oregon State University          ||(_____)     Laa Illaha Ila Allah~~~~
email=abdenour@mist.cs.orst.edu  |||_|_|_|

bakken@cs.arizona.edu (Dave Bakken) (02/06/90)

In article <7712@wpi.wpi.edu> abdenour@mist.CS.ORST.EDU (Abdennour A. MOUSSAOUI) writes:

>I have heard from brothers here in Oregon, that Rashad Khalifa the egyptian
>from Tuson, Arizona has been killed/murdered.  Maybe somebody on the net
>can tell us more about it...(true or false)...
>Note: Rashad Khalifa is the guy in Arizona claiming he is a prophet after
>Muhamad(pbuh) and has weird doctrines....

True.  They found him dead in his mosque/temple/whatever in the middle
of last week.  I guess he had gotten death threats over the years, and
the FBI has been called in.  They do think it was related to religious
disagreement.  I could dig up more info if there are specific questions -
it was in all the newspapers last week.
--
Dave Bakken				Internet:  bakken@cs.arizona.edu
721 Gould-Simpson Bldg			UUCP:	   uunet!arizona!bakken