[soc.religion.islam] Qu'ran on Computer

naim@eecs.nwu.edu (Naim Abdullah) (03/21/90)

Camm Maguire writes:
>Good news: I just received verbal permission
>from Tahrike Tarsile Qur'an Inc. to put Shakir's translation on the
>public networks.

Does anybody know of a place where one can order M.A.Shakir's translation ?
I am sure this is going to be an issue since not everybody on the
volunteers list will own a copy.

I suggest that unless somebody has an objection, we just go ahead with
Shakir's translation. Speak now or forever hold your tongue! :-) :-)

     regards,

     Naim

paul@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (03/23/90)

>I suggest that unless somebody has an objection, we just go ahead with
>Shakir's translation. Speak now or forever hold your tongue! :-) :-)

I would suggest that each aya be preceeded by its Surah number (or
perhaps name) and verse, for example 4:34

This would make verse lookup quite simple.