[soc.religion.islam] Makeing a Will the Islamic way

admin@cs.exeter.ac.uk (Khalid Sattar) (07/13/90)

Can anyone tell me what Islam has to say on the subject of Last Will
and Testament.	What is the correct way?
--
Khalid Sattar			JANET  : admin@uk.ac.exeter.cs
Computer Science Dept.		UUCP   : admin@expya.uucp

ikhan%tessi.uucp@RELAY.CS.NET (Iqbal Khan) (07/16/90)

In article <14011@wpi.wpi.edu> admin@cs.exeter.ac.uk (Khalid Sattar) writes:

>Can anyone tell me what Islam has to say on the subject of Last Will
>and Testament. What is the correct way?

If you mean inheritence of property in the Will, then Islam has laid down very specific
intructions as to how the property of a deseased is to be handled.  You have control
over 1/3 of your property to give away as a gift etc.  However, 2/3 will have to be
distributed according to the teachings of Islam.  I do not remember the details of
who gets how much but it is mentioned in Qur'an VERY specifically.  Can someone
else help?

Iqbal Mustafa Khan